We, Niedersachsen Ports GmbH & CO. KG (NPorts), commit to avoiding damage to the environment and to act in any and all areas of the company with the principle of sustainability in mind.
As a port operator, Niedersachsen Ports GmbH & Co. KG's primary focus is on the management of the port infrastructure, and on the management of planning and development. We actively pursue the expansion and maintenance of the quay facilities and the traffic routes of the seaport through focused investments. In order to minimize the burden on the environment and to improve the quality of the environment, we take the following steps:
- Efficient utilization of our local advantages, such as the great and congestion-free hinterland connection
- Introduction of environmental controlling to gain information, so that we can continually improve the environmental protection and increase the energy efficiency
- Dedication to the development of innovative and environmentally friendly solutions in the maritime navigation industry, with a focus on saving resources and energy, and by reducing emissions
- Avoidance of wastes and practicing conscientious handling of generated wastes, which is governed by our ships waste management plan
- Informing about and adhering to the latest and most relevant environmental laws and standards and taking steps to achieve such compliance and putting an emphasis on making the protection of nature a key indicator for the operation of the port infrastructure and its development
- Ensuring a high security standard through Port Offices, which are manned 24/7, and through alarm and emergency plans, in order to minimize the risk of an incident and its potential consequences for the environment, but also to ensure safe port operation; proper maintenance of the port facilities for the same, aforementioned reasons
- Publication of an environmental report, in order to transparently document the long term progress and developments of the ports with the help of designated defined performance indicators, and the continuous updating of this report and the information contained therein
- Expansion and solidification of the network with cooperating partners, such as JadeWeserPort Realisierungs GmbH & Co. KG and bremenports GmbH & Co. KG.
- Ensuring the availability of necessary resources to implement this policy.