NPorts’ Quality Management System (QMS) combines the quality-related activities for the construction, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure of Niedersachsen's seaports. It pursues the self-imposed standard of supporting the consistent and systematic further development of the company. In doing so, the QMS makes a valuable contribution to the improvement of the internal corporate processes and promotes open debate based on the results of our daily work. The quality management team has been assigned the task of positively influencing the strategic success of the company with the help of suitable instruments and measures, and to supply all employees with a transparent system for the continuous improvement of processes and results.
We achieve this by, among other things, demonstrably operating our quality management system in accordance with international standards (DIN EN ISO 9001:2015).
The corresponding ISO 9001:2015 certificate can be found here.
In order to meet the demands of our mission statement and our stakeholders, we at NPorts align our actions consistently by continuously improving internal processes and performance for our customers. During this process, we are guided by the PDCA cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act). Within the framework of a systematic quality management we deal with the needs of all relevant stakeholders, both to fulfill the needs of our customers and stakeholders, but also to ensure that any legal requirements are met.
As a state-owned company we are particularly focused on creating a balance of interests between politics, the port economy, and the public at large. Therefore, a great quality of performance is defined by the degree to which we meet the high demands of our stakeholders.
Here at NPorts, we contribute to a great quality of performance by:
- Providing custom-fit solutions for customers and partners through intensive coordination
- Ensuring planning reliability through proactive port development and financial planning
- Guaranteeing conformity of the services and processes with the help of contractual agreements and applicable legislation
- Providing the right infrastructure for smooth cargo handling
- Ensuring safety and security in the port and plant operation
- Being available as a competent partner with expert staff at the ready
- Promoting the potential and satisfaction of the employees as an attractive employer
- Taking on corporate responsibility within the framework of sustainable action
- Continuously striving for improvements to the processes and results within the company
- Executing construction projects according to the latest state of the art and by using innovative procedures
Based on these quality principles, we at NPorts are committed to continuously develop our quality management system and to be measured by the fulfillment of the demands placed on us.
On this basis, we are determined to work together to strengthen the Seaports of Niedersachsen – true to our motto:
Our Ports. Your Future.